PETER J. MAMOS, M.A
Educational Success Tutoring is owned and operated by Peter J. Mamos. Pete received his undergraduate degree from Syracuse University in 1995 and his Master’s degree from Boston College in 2000. Before opening Educational Success in 2005, Pete taught in both the public and private school settings. Originally from Concord, Pete now resides in Nashua with his wife and three children.
- M.A., Developmental & Educational Psychology
- B.S., Psychology
- Tutoring Specialties: Math through Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, SAT Math & Verbal, PSAT, SSAT, Study Skills, College Planning
KRISTEN MAMOS, M.A
Kristen graduated from Montclair State University in 1997 and attained her Master’s degree in 2000 from Boston College. She is a special education teacher for the town of Littleton, MA and holds an Orton-Gillingham certificate in reading. Originally from New Jersey, Kristen moved to New Hampshire in 2002. In her free time, she is an avid reader.
- M.A., Developmental & Educational Psychology
- B.A., Psychology
- Special Education certification
- Orton Gillingham certificate
- Tutoring Specialties: Reading, grades 1-3.
MARY LOU BROWN, M.Ed.
Mary Lou graduated from the University of Massachusetts with her Masters in Education in 1993. She received her Bachelors in Biology from St. Joseph’s College, Maine, where she played basketball and softball. Mary Lou is a licensed Massachusetts and New Hampshire science teacher, and has 15 years experience teaching high school science. She offers help with learning strategies, organization, and breaking down challenging scientific concepts. Mary Lou is also the owner of Creative Little Angels Child Care in Londonderry, NH, where she oversees 100 students and 30 staff members.
**Mary Lou is only available for Skype tutoring currently**
- M. Ed., Curriculum and Instruction
- B. A.. Biology and Chemistry
- Tutoring Specialties: Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Physics, Anatomy and Physiology, Physical Science, and study skills.
Samantha graduate from Lyndon State College in 2011 with her Bachelors in Atmospheric Sciences. She is currently an Academic Advisor at Southern New Hampshire University and is always looking for new ways to connect and support students. In her spare time, Samantha loves music and being outdoors any time of the year.
- B.S., Atmospheric Sciences
- Tutoring Specialties: Algebra, Pre Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry
VIVIAN LI, Ph.D.
Born in Tianjin, China, Vivian (Qingyan) Li holds a Ph.D. from Sun Yat-sen University and an M.S. degree from South China Agricultural University, both in Botany, as well as an A.S. degree in Gemology from Peking University. From 2008 to 2009 she was a Visiting Scholar at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Vivian is a teacher of spoken and written Mandarin Chinese at the Andover Chinese School in Andover, Massachusetts.
Vivian previously worked as an external instructor and laboratory technician at South China Agricultural University’s (SCAU) Center of Experimental Teaching for Common Basic Courses in Guangzhou, China. From 2004-2005 she served as an adjunct lecturer at SCAU’s School of Life Science, instructing first-year university students in core botanical laboratory courses. From 2000-2002 Vivian worked as a proofreader and copy editor for the Institute of Botany at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China.
- Ph.D. Botany
- M.S. Botany
- Tutoring Specialities: Life sciences, Mandarin Chinese
STEVEN MARCHAND, M.Ed.
Steven graduated from Rivier College with a dual certification in special education and elementary education in 1995. After teaching for several years at the Elementary Level, he enrolled in a graduate program at Fitchburg State College, receiving his M.Ed in Education in 2000. He began teaching mathematics at the secondary level and returned to Rivier College receiving his Secondary Mathematics Certification in 2008. He began teaching mathematics at the post-secondary level and once again enrolled at Rivier College receiving his M.Ed in Mathematics in 2011. His specialty is bridging academic instruction to individual learning styles. His 20 years of teaching experience combined with the special education techniques provide a multitude of methodologies to meet the needs of students with history of limited academic success in the area of mathematics.
- B.S. in Special Education
- M.Ed. in Education
- Secondary Mathematics Certification
- M.Ed in Mathematics
- Tutoring Specialties: All levels of mathematics
- M.S., Sustainable Building Systems
- B.S., Environmental Engineering
- Tutoring Specialities: SAT, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Language (Swahili), Mentoring
Madeline graduated from Southern New Hampshire University with a B.A. in Education and History. She is currently working towards her M.S. in Higher Education Administration at the University. Originally from Massachusetts she has moved to New Hampshire to become an Academic Advisor for SNHU. She has worked with all different age groups and levels of development in her education background and truly enjoys helping others learn and find their passion. In her spare time she loves to travel the world, read, and exercise outdoors.
- B.A. in History and Education
- M.S. (c) in Higher Education Administration
- Tutoring Specialties: Spanish, History, and Writing
JONATHAN J. REILLY, Ph.D.
Jonathan holds a Ph.D. in Political Science and an M.A. in International Affairs, both from the University of Pittsburgh, and a B.A. in East Asian Studies from the College of William and Mary. He has over fifteen years of teaching experience, in the United States, Mainland China, and Hong Kong. He formerly served as Director of Program Planning for the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh and as an Adjunct Professor of Political Science for the University of Pittsburgh, teaching courses on the American Political Process, Chinese Government and Politics and Chinese Foreign Policy. Jonathan is also an experienced language (Mandarin Chinese, ESL) and test-preparation (SAT, PSAT, GRE, TOEFL) tutor. Jonathan is fluent in both spoken and written Mandarin and Cantonese, with over eight years’ experience living and working in the People’s Republic of China.
- Ph.D., Political Science
- M.A., International Affairs
- B.A. East Asian Studies
CHERYL ROSENTHAL, M.Ed.
Cheryl received her undergraduate degree from Radford University in 1981 and her Master’s degree from Boston College in 1983. She has a great deal of experience working with individuals with special needs in both the private and public sectors. Cheryl has also worked as a tutor since 1996.
- M.Ed., Special Education, Severe Special Needs
- B.S., Special Education / Early Childhood Education
- Tutoring Specialties: Children with learning disabilities, Math through Algebra, Geometry, SAT verbal and math, SSAT, ASVAB
FRANKIE STRACCIA, M.S.
Frankie Straccia’s undergraduate major was biology followed by a master’s degree in sedimentary geology. During her master’s program, she taught classes both on campus and at geology field camp. She started as a wildcat oil finder and ended as the Executive Editor of Shell’s in-house technology magazine. She has recently worked as an analyst for an NSF-sponsored research project and substitute teacher. She started tutoring the SAT fifteen years ago and has recently completed an intensive analysis of the new SAT, developing her own strategies for this much changed standardized test.
- M.S. Geology – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. Biology – Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- Tutoring Specialties: New SAT, ACT, writing, English, history, biology, earth science
KATELYN TUPAJ, M.A.(c)
Katelyn is currently a high school math teacher at Innovation Academy Charter School in Tyngsboro, MA. She graduated from Nichols College in 2016 with a B.A. in Secondary Math Education, and she is currently working on her MAT in Secondary Math Education at Rivier University. Outside of school and tutoring, Katelyn enjoys running and dancing.
- M.A.T. (candidate) Secondary Mathematics Education – Rivier University
- B.A. Secondary Mathematics Education – Nichols College
- Tutoring Specialties: All levels of high school mathematics, SAT.
JANE VINCENT, M.A.
Jane earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in mathematics from the University of Vermont. After completing graduate school, she was an Instructor in Mathematics at UVM. Most recently, she taught mathematics at Bishop Guertin High School for fifteen years. While she and her husband were raising their two sons, she taught courses at Rivier College for eighteen years. Jane is a certified mathematics teacher with experience teaching all levels of mathematics.
- M.A., Mathematics
- B.A., Mathematics
- Tutoring Specialties: Algebra, Pre-Calc, Calculus, AP Calculus.